OpenUI Allows Creating Record In Child Applet While Parent Applet Shows Missing Required Fields Error
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 188.8.131.52 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
With OpenUI, in a view that has 2 applets, parent applet based on a BC and child applet based on a different BC, if user creates a record in top applet and, without completing all required fields, he selects new in child applet, an error message will be displayed asking for the required fields to be filled. However, the record will be created in the child applet.
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
1. Navigate to standard, in Accounts > Activities.
In Accounts you have Name as required field while in Activities there is no required field.
2. Select New button in parent applet and do not fill any field values.
3. Select New in child applet.
4. User gets an error message for required fields from parent applet: Account is a required field.Please enter a value for this field SBL-DAT-00498
5. However, the child record in Activities is created.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms