Communications Inbound Receiver component remains in status Shuting down forever
(Doc ID 1670521.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 18.104.22.168  to 22.214.171.124 [IP2013] [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Siebel 126.96.36.199 customer notice that sometimes when trying to shutdown the component Communications Inbound Receiver it remains in status Shutting down forever. After that there is not way to clear the component status other than restart the entire Siebel Server.
The behavior is observed when CommInboundRcvr load response groups associated with Profile for Internet SMTP/IMAP Server driver. The same behavior is NOT observed when using only Internet SMTP/POP3 Server driver profiles.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Setup Siebel Email Response with Internet SMTP/IMAP Server driver profile
2. Start Communications Inbound Received and make sure the email are been processed.
3. After a while give the shutdown command from Site Map>Administration - Server Management>Components or using Siebel Server Manager Command Line command "shutdown comp comminboundrcvr".
4. The component remains in status Shutting down forever.
5. There is no way to clear this status other than restart the Siebel Server.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document