Communications Inbound Receiver component remains in status Shuting down forever
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 220.127.116.11  to 18.104.22.168 SIA  [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Siebel 22.214.171.124 customer notice that sometimes when trying to shutdown the component Communications Inbound Receiver it remains in status Shutting down forever. After that there is not way to clear the component status other than restart the entire Siebel Server.
The behavior is observed when CommInboundRcvr load response groups associated with Profile for Internet SMTP/IMAP Server driver. The same behavior is NOT observed when using only Internet SMTP/POP3 Server driver profiles.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Setup Siebel Email Response with Internet SMTP/IMAP Server driver profile
2. Start Communications Inbound Received and make sure the email are been processed.
3. After a while give the shutdown command from Site Map>Administration - Server Management>Components or using Siebel Server Manager Command Line command "shutdown comp comminboundrcvr".
4. The component remains in status Shutting down forever.
5. There is no way to clear this status other than restart the Siebel Server.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms