Email On Attachment Applet - After Editing Attachment/Proposal F9 Fails To Save Attachment Changes.
(Doc ID 1675042.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 22, 2019
Applies to:Siebel Life Sciences CRM - Version 126.96.36.199  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Siebel 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206, it is possible to open a Siebel attachment in Word, and edit the document, prior to sending an email that includes the document.
However, after editing and saving the document in Word, using F9 to send an email results in the old (pre-edited) version of the document being attached to the email.
In order to send the newly edited document as an attachment, it is necessary to follow the saving of the document in Word, by saving the Siebel attachment record in Siebel, before pressing F9.
Example steps to reproduce the issue.
1. On Service Request Attachment applet, locate a record with a word document.
2. Open the word document by clicking on the document link
3. MS Word launches with the content of the document. Change the document by adding some new characters and save/close the word document
4. Press F9 right away without issue CTRL+S or stepping off the record and come back
5. On the popup applet, pick anybody as recipient, pick no template, click OK
6. On the outlook, the attachment field has the word document
7. Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Open the email in the inbox for the email@example.com, open the attachment, you will see the original document but not the change just made.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document