Using Siebel OpenUI Greeting and Closing drop down are missing when reply to a inbound email
(Doc ID 1900382.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 18.104.22.168  to 22.214.171.124.8 [IP2013] [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199 SIA  version, Comms Server & Email Response
When the user is replying to a inbound email message and editing it in Comm Outbound Item Form Applet New some unexpected behavior occurs. First of all the Closing drop down do NOT show the drop down arrow to list the templates. Although there is template active. The user can workaround this behavior by typing the Template Name on the Closing control. But even after that we see a strange behavior. Sporadically if the user send the email the email body disappears and the recipient get the email only with the original message without any text added, sometimes the whole Email Body is blank in Comm Outbound Item Form Applet New.
Th behavior can be reproduce with the following steps:
1) Create a Greeting and Closing template at Site Map>Administration - Communications> All Template. Make is public and Plain Text or HTML accordingly with your User Preference>Outbound Communications.
2) Go to Site Map>Communications, select a inbound email message and click Reply button.
3) In the new Comm Outbound Item Form Applet New click on Closing or Greeting drop downs, no template show up to select.
4) Only workaround is to manually write the name of the Greeting or Closing template, only after that template text show up in the Email Body.
5) But workaround also has sporadically problem of content of the email template not showing up.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|This document is being delivered to you via Oracle Support's Rapid Visibility (RaV) process and therefore has not been subject to an independent technical review.|