Last updated on JANUARY 04, 2016
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 220.127.116.11 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Inconsistent behaviour when accessing notifications.
Once message broadcast created, every user recieved the message as expected, but the drilldown worked differently depending on the current view:
- If the user is already in the destination view, then when he clicks in the Message drilldown it only refreshes the view and does not query for the destination Id;
- If the user is in view with a different business object, then when he clickes the Message drilldown he navigates to the destination Id in the destination view, as expected.
1. Go to view Administration - Communications > Message Broadcasts
2. Create a record with the following information:
Severity = Normal
Abstract = [D]Test of Drilldown
Message = BO:Opportunity; BC:Opportunity; View:All Opportunity List View;
Id: [record Id]
All = Y
3. Refresh the page and a new Notification with the drilldown will appear.
4. Go to view All Opportunity List View, then click the Notification
drilldown (be sure that previously you have access another record different
of [record Id]) it will remain with the previous query and won't query for the destination
record of the drilldown.
5. If you're in a view with a different Business Object (e.g. All Account
List View) when you click the drilldown, it will navigate as expected.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms