Broadcast Message With Drilldown Not Working When BO Is Already Being Used
(Doc ID 1904619.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 08, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 188.8.131.52 [IP2013] to 17.0 [IP2017] [Release V8 to V17]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer discovered a inconsistency in the Broadcast behavior when accessing notifications. Once the broadcast message was created, every user received the message as expected, but the drilldown worked differently depending on the current view:
- If the user is already in the destination view, then when he clicks in the Message drilldown it only refreshes the view and does not query for the destination Id;
- If the user is in view with a different business object, then when he clicks the Message drilldown he navigates to the destination Id in the destination view, as expected.
Steps to reproduce this issue are:
1. Go to view Administration - Communications > Message Broadcasts
2. Create a record with the following information:
Severity = Normal
Abstract = [D]Test of Drilldown
Message = BO:Opportunity; BC:Opportunity; View:All Opportunity List View; Id: [record Id]
All = Y
3. Refresh the page and a new Notification with the drilldown will appear.
4. Go to view All Opportunity List View, then click the Notification drilldown (be sure that previously you have access another record different of [record Id]) it will remain with the previous query and won't query for the destination record of the drilldown.
5. If you're in a view with a different Business Object (e.g. All Account List View) when you click the drilldown, it will navigate as expected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document