Open UI - Special Characters not Captured from Keyboard: @ ~
Last updated on JANUARY 10, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 184.108.40.206.7 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Open UI, users cannot enter various characters when using German or other non-English keyboards.
1. With custom SRF, instead of ~ character, the following error pops up:
The specialized method '' is not supported on the application.(SBL-DAT-00320).
2. With standard SRF, nothing happens: the character ~ does not appear: "~" char with the German keyboard [AltGr+*] does not display.
3. If you press [AltGr+Q] the application goes into Query Mode.
4. The Polish value of 'Ń' is not accepted in the Siebel application.
These issues can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Launch the Siebel Application.
2. Navigate to any editable field: Contacts > Contacts List > Last Name.
3. In the Last Name field, try to enter Characters through the online/virtual Keyboard.
Result: Either an error occurs, the application launches Siebel behavior or the key(s) do not display.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms