Field Data get cleared in some specific operation
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 126.96.36.199  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. Create two account records
2. Create one or more activity records and associate it to the 2nd account record.(the 1st account record must not have any activity record associated)
3. Make the browser hight very short so only account form applet is displayed in Account -> Activity view.
4. Log out and re-login to the Siebel application.
5. Go to site map and go to [Accounts]->[Account List]->[Activities] view directly. (The 1st account record should be displayed in the account form applet.)
6. Click 'Query' button and search the 2nd account record (or you can click 'Next Record' button).
7. Scroll down to the Activity list applet. You will see the activity recrod(s) associated to the 2nd account record.
8. Click 'Query' button on the activity list applet.
9. All field data for the activity record is gone and required error message will be displayed.
You can reproduce the issue on any detail view (form applet + list applet). If there is no required field or post default value is set to the required field, all existing field data will be gone for the record.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms