User Cannot Login After Entering Incorrect Credentials And Closing the Browser: Siebel Session Not Terminated
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2016
Applies to:Siebel Sales - Version 188.8.131.52  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Open UI, when attempting to login again after entering incorrect credentials, the following error occurs.
1) Open a Google Chrome browser.
2) Open another Chrome browser, launch the login page of Siebel on this browser and then create a bookmark of this page or copy the link.
3) Logout of Siebel.
4) Launch Siebel by pasting the bookmark URL to the browser.
5) When asked to login, enter incorrect credentials.
6) Close the browser by clicking the 'X' button on the upper right corner of the browser.
7) Launch Siebel again by pasting the bookmark URL to the browser.
7) A dialog box will display asking you to save a "start.swe" file. You can choose to save or cancel. (Sometimes, you may not see this message)
8) Launch Siebel again by pasting the bookmark URL to the browser.
Result: You will receive this message: "Siebel Session Not Terminated" with no link to click or exit.
Users will not be able to launch Siebel until the session times out, or until they clear the browser's cache, or until they close the first browser.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms