Failing To Set Ctrl Value With OpenUI
(Doc ID 1914032.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2019
Applies to:Siebel Finance - Version 188.8.131.52 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for Relevance on 9-8-2016
On : 184.108.40.206 SIA  version, Siebel VB / eScript / COM
When attempting to use browser scripting to pre-default the value of a field in a list applet in query mode
the following error occurs.
2. Still in Tools, right click the applet name and select "Columns Displayed" and display "Auto Query Mode"
3. Set "Auto Query Mode" = New Query
4. Expand to Applet web template and inactivate all templates except for Base.
5. Add a new template Named "Query" , Type = "Query" , Web Template = "Applet Form Grid Layout"
6. Create new controls for first name and last name. E.g FirstNamectrl and LastNamectrl
7. Edit web layout and place these controls at the Query template.
8. Edit the views where this applet is displayed (e.g Visible Contact List View) and at View -> View Web Template set "Applet Mode" = "Base"
9. compile to the SRF and generate browser scripts. see : Genbscript for Browser Script Generation in Siebel 7.x and 8.x(Doc ID 476506.1)
10. Clear the browser cache.
11. Run with Open UI enabled (EnableOpenUI=True in the CFG file).
12. Site Map -> Contacts -> My Contacts.
13. Notice the script does not run. The expectation was the applet to be displayed in Query mode and as a Form applet with First Name pre-defaulted.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot pre-default the field value in query mode using browser script
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document