Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 18.104.22.168 SIA  to 22.214.171.124.9 [IP2013] [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199  version, CTI
When a user is using Siebel Toolbar to chat with multiple customer, the focus change from Siebel Applets to Siebel Chat windows when a customer from a Chat on hold send a Chat messages.
Customer expects that focus to NOT change when a message is sent to a Chat Windows that is on hold.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Multiple simultaneous chats are set up to be allowed for agents in CCA.
- Agent1 accepts inbound chat request from Customer1
- Agent1 accepts inbound chat request from Customer2
- Now both chats are active and the agent can switch between the two, which is working fine.
- Agent1 clicks on the chat tab for Customer1.
- Agent1 creates a service request for Customer1 and start typing a description.
- While Agent1 types on the service request, Customer2 sends a message to Agent1
- In the chat tab for Customer2, the number 1 appears behind the customer name to indicate an inbound message has been received on that tab (working fine).
- Then the problem occurs: the cursor is automatically moved from the service request description field to to message input box in the chat pane.
The active chat is still with Customer1, but the inbound message from Customer2 causes the cursor to move automatically to the chat pane.
When the agent continues typing (believing he is still in the service request description field), he actually types in the chat input message box for Customer1.
If Agent1 does not notice the cursor has moved and presses enter then the message is sent to Customer1, which can cause information that should not be sent to customers to be sent to customers by accident.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms