Formatting Options within Rich Text Editor Takes Multiple Attempts to Apply to Field's Text
(Doc ID 1916663.1)
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 22.214.171.124 SIA  to 126.96.36.199.12 [IP2013] [Release V8]
Siebel CRM - Version 188.8.131.52 [IP2013] to 184.108.40.206.12 [IP2013] [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using a note applet with a rich text editor control, the user must repeat the first formatting steps applied for it to apply to the entered data.
Users expect that it should work the first time without incident.
1. In the Open UI Sample, go to Site Map > Projects > Notes.
2. In the parent applet, click new to create a new note and complete the name field.
3. In the grandchild applet, click new, then fill in the title field and make sure type is set to Note.
4. In the grandchild description field (the rtc enabled control) type some text.
5. Highlight a word partially into the text (easier to see the issue than the first word). Choose the highlight open and a color in the rtc options.
6. The cursor jumps to the beginning of the note and no changes are applied.
7. Repeat step five and the change applies.
8. Type some additional text and repeat step 5.
9. Issue occurs again but second attempt is successful.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!