SmartScript Drop Down Does Not Close Automatically When Click Outside It
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel SmartScript - Version 126.96.36.199.9 [IP2013] to 188.8.131.52.13 [IP2013] [Release V8]
Siebel SmartScript - Version 184.108.40.206.9 [IP2013] to 220.127.116.11.13 [IP2013] [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running a SmartScript in OpenUI mode and it has a question with answer type control Dropdown, when the user click on the arrow key to expand the drop down list it works fine and show all the answers. Now if the user just click away from the drop down list the list does not disappears and keep showing in the User Interface. User must select a value on the drop down to close the drop down list.
Customer expects the same behavior in High Interactivity mode, when the user click outside the drop down it automatically close, even if no value has been selected.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a SS with a question using Dropdown answer control.
2. Run the SS in OpenUI mode
3. When the question created on 1 show up, click on the down arrow to show the drop down list
4. User does not want to select any value, if they click outside the drop down list it does not close automatically.
5. User has no alternative other than select one value to close and than delete the value
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms