Loyalty Concurrency Redemption Processes Accruals After The Expiry Date
(Doc ID 1924472.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2023
Applies to:Siebel Loyalty Engine - Version 22.214.171.124 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Redemption Transaction is being processed even though the Accrual Transaction has Expired Points.
This will occur in the time window when the Loyalty Batch Engine is processing the Expiry dates and the Loyalty Realtime Engine invokes the Redemption using the accrual that should be expired.
The redemption then runs, creating an incorrect balance.
The expiry date should be considered by the processing engine even if this has not been processed and not redeemed if the points are expired
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Create a Loyalty Transaction to Accrual 1000 points - The expiry date is 12 months from the transaction processed time
2) Set the Loyalty Batch Engine to process expired points (via the 'accrual' parameter)
3) On the time/date of the expired transaction (12 months from the transaction processed time), run a large number of transaction/tiers so that the expiry is not processed immediately.
4) Immediately after the expiry date of the transaction in step 1, process in the Loyalty Realtime Engine a Redemption Transaction of 1000 points
5) The redemption uses the points after they are expired but before the batch engine completes processing expiration process
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document