Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Loyalty Engine - Version 18.104.22.168 SIA  to 22.214.171.124.9 [IP2013] [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199 SIA  version, Loyalty
The redemption transaction is being processed even though the accrual transaction has expired points.
This issue occurs in the window when the batch engine is processing the expiry dates and the realtime engine invokes the redemption, using the accrual that should be expired.
The redemption then runs, creating an incorrect balance.
The expiry date should be reviewed by the processing engine even if this has not been processed and not redeemed if the points are expired
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Create a transaction > Accrual of 1000 points
Note the expiry date is 12 months from the txn processed time
2) Set the batch engine up to process expired points (via the 'accrual'
3) On the time/date of the expired transaction, run a large number of
transaction/tiers so that the expiry is not processed immediately.
4) After the expiry date of the transaction in step 1, process in the
realtime engine a redemption of 1000 points
5) The redemption removes the points after they are expired but before the
batch engine processes the expiry.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, points are used twice and there is a significant monetary loss to the customer
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms