eConfigurator Startup: Promotion Validation Fails If Relationship Domain Was Modified
(Doc ID 1928690.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 07, 2019
Applies to:Siebel Communications - Version 22.214.171.124.11 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Siebel version: PS 11 for 126.96.36.199
Starting eConfigurator on a component of a promotion will raise following error message, which is completely wrong and will remove correct child item:
Removed Promotion Violation. THe following Product or Attribute is no longer part of the promotion. : Sub Object "Product1" Quantity = 1
You can only click on 'Proceed' to proceed, but this will delete child Product1 from the instance.
(see attached video)
- Create a product with a relationship and 2 products (type = Dynamic Class) (Product1 and Product2)
- Create a promotion with 1) as component
- Add promotion to a new quote --> promotion and CP are created
- Customize the CP and add Product1
- Save it
- Change Promotion definition:
- Drilldown into component
- Remove Product2 from the domain
- Save promotion and refresh cache
- Go back to the quote and customize the CP again
- ---> error message = Removed Promotion Violation. THe following Product or Attribute is no longer part of the promotion. : Sub Object "Product1" Quantity = 1
However Product1 was not excluded but Product2. You can only go on with 'Proceed' button and Product1 is removed. You can add it again (Product2 is in red) and save configuration.
Calling eCfg again will raise error message again.
The problem does not occur with patchset 10
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document