How to enable detailed logging for tracing and troubleshooting Siebel EAI and UCM issues
(Doc ID 1929084.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 23, 2019
If you encounter issues when using/testing Siebel EAI and UCM features, you can follow the steps in the associated tabs to increase the logging level to trace execution details for a Siebel EAI or UCM functionality.
These steps are also helpful for tracing and troubleshooting Siebel Data Quality, Workflow Process and Business Service execution issues/behaviours as well.
The tracing events and settings differ slightly depending on how and where the execution is performed on. Please refer to each tab depending on how the execution is initiated and where it is being executed on.
These are the common components where Siebel EAI, UCM, Workflow Process and Business Services run on:
1. If using a Dedicated Client or Siebel Tools application to test/execute the feature, follow the instructions in the "Dedicated Client & Siebel Tools" tab.
2. If using a Web Client (which is a session on an Application Object Manager server component), follow the instructions in the "Web Client (Application Object Manager)" tab.
3. If workflow process or problem is executed on the server by either the Workflow Process Manager, Workflow Process Batch Manager, then follow the instructions in the "WfProcMgr, WfProcBatchMgr" tab.
4. If using another server component such EAI Object Manager, MQSeriesReceiver, JMSReceiver, etc., then follow the instructions in the "EAIObjMgr, MQSeriesReceiver, JMSReceiver" tab.
5. Once problem reproduction/testing is completed, the issue is resolved and/or you no longer need to detailed logging level in the interim, please reset the logging level, by following the instructions from the "Resetting Logging Level" tab.
6. Similar logging events can be applied to other Siebel server components as well.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!