SmartScript: Using RefreshRecord to Reposition on Service Request Record Results in Errors if S_SRV_REQ_X Table Updated After SmartScript Start.
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel SmartScript - Version 18.104.22.168  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124  version, and 126.96.36.199.10 [IP2013] SmartScript
Sporadically when a Siebel user run a SmartScript that creates a new Service Request BC record the following error occurs:
 Can not save edits to specified BusComp Service Request for a question .
Bring your system up to date . ( SBL -CSP - 00230 )
[2 ] Error while writing to a record.
Go check if the problem persists . ( SBL - DBC - 00111 ) further or ask the system the application configuration
 ORA- 06550 : line 30 , column 7:
PL / SQL: ORA- 00957 : duplicate column name
ORA- 06550 : line 26 , column 2:
PL / SQL: SQL Statement ignored
 Unable to save edits to BusComp 'ServiceRequest' specified for a question.
Please notify your system administrator, (SBL-CSP-00230)
You have attempted to insert the value for column 'PAR-ROW-ID' in table 'S_SRV_REQ_X' twice in the same statement.(SBL-DAT-00418)
This behavior can be produced if the following sequence is observed:
1) A new ServiceRequest is created, with no updates to the S_SRV_REQ_X table.
2) A SmartScript is invoked using RunSmartScript and positions upon this record, questions updating Service Request fields are updated.
3) A process external to the SmartSCript updates the Service Request, including the S_SRV_REQ_X table.
4) The user presses Finish on the SmartScript.
5) Script_PreFinish includes script invoking RefreshRecord on the SmartScript instance of the Service Request record, to avoid contention.
6) Error message is observed
The issue has the following business impact: user can not create the Service Request.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms