Last updated on NOVEMBER 07, 2014
Applies to:Siebel Quote and Order Capture - Version 18.104.22.168.11 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using ApplyProductPromotion operation (PromotionWebService web service) to link an existing simple product quote item to an existing Bundle Promotion quote item, the Bundle Promotion's default components are added to the quote again.
This can be shown as follows:
1. The following customizable product definition exists:
> #1 Fuel Oil
> #2 Fuel Oil
2. The simple product #4 Fuel Oil exists.
3. The following promotion exists:
AP Test 2
> Tim Root (default = 1)
> #4 Fuel Oil (default = 0)
4. Create a quote and add AP Test 2 to it, which causes Tim Root to be added, and add #4 Fuel Oil. At this point #4 Fuel Oil is not linked to the promotion.
5. The GetQuote web service is used to retrieve the quote and its items.
6. The ApplyProductPromotion web service takes its inputs from the response. ProdPromId and ProdPromInstanceId are specified in the ApplyProductPromotion_Input section. ProdPromId is the id of the promotion to be applied and ProdPromInstanceId is populated from PROM_INTEG_ID on the quote item for the promotion. LineItemId is set to the row id of the quote item containing #4 Fuel Oil.
7. The ExecuteQuoting web service synchronizes the data back to the database.
The end result is that #4 Fuel Oil has been linked to the promotion. However Tim Root has also been added again.
See attached screenshots and requests/responses for more details.
Additionally refer to How To Use The Optional LineItemId Parameter On The Web Service ApplyProductPromotion (Doc ID 1935613.1) and How To Use The Optional Parameter ProdPromInstanceId On The Web Service ApplyProductPromotion (Doc ID 1924501.1).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms