Siebel Web Server Extension (SWSE) configuration utility converts the character set of lbconfig.txt file.
(Doc ID 1938886.1)
Last updated on JULY 07, 2020
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 184.108.40.206  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using srvrmgr command, lbconfig.txt file can be generated with the character set UTF-8. When this file is put under SWSE logical profile (typically gtwysrvr\ADMIN\Webserver folder), SWSE configuration utility can deploy it to eappweb\admin folder for Siebel native load balance.
Under the following conditions, the character set of the deployed file is changed to ISO-8859.
- Platform is Windows Server. (both 2003 and 2008 R2 show the same behavior.)
- It has to be Siebel 220.127.116.11 or later that uses (config.bat -mode swse) for SWSE configuration utility. Earlier version that uses (ssincfgw.exe MODEL_FILE=swse_server_sia.scm) does not show this behavior.
- Confirmed language is Japanese (JPN). English (ENU) environment does not show this behavior.
Steps to reproduce.
1) Using srvrmgr command, run 'generate lbconfig' to generate lbconfig.txt file under siebsrvr\admin folder. (Its character set is UTF-8.)
2) Copy lbconfig.txt to SWSE profile (gtwysrvr\ADMIN\Webserver) folder.
3) Run SWSE configuration utility to 'Apply an SWSE Logical Profile'.
4) Choose 'Siebel native Load balancing'.
5) Go through the rest of steps to finish the configuration.
Once it is done, lbconfig.txt is depolyed to eappweb\admin folder with the different character set ISO-8859.
Due to this conversion, Byte Order Mark (BOM, used for UTF-8) in the beginning of lbconfig.txt file appear as some garbled characters. Since they precede the comment sign (#), SWSE treats the first line as the parameter and fail to find VirtualServrer parameter. As a result, the login page for the web client is not displayed and SWSE log records following error messages.
SessMgr ConnOpen 3 00000004544a0898:0 2014-10-24 10:53:51 1816: [SESSMGR] Virtual Host virtualserver not found, treating as a physical host name
SisnTcpIp SisnSockInfo 3 00000004544a0898:0 2014-10-24 10:53:53 1816: [TCPIP-client] failed to resolve hostname: VirtualServer (err=852198 | Internal: gethostbyname_r ()failed with error. (%sysError))
SessMgr ConnOpen 3 00000004544a0898:0 2014-10-24 10:53:53 1816: [SMCONN] Failed to open connection to (siebel.TCPIP.None.None://VirtualServer/SIA81/ePharmaObjMgr_jpn) in 2 sec(s)
GenericLog GenericError 1 00000004544a0898:0 2014-10-24 10:53:53 (smconn.cpp (284) err=1180668 sys=852198) SBL-NET-01020: Internal: unknown hostname
ProcessPluginRequest ProcessPluginRequestError 1 00000004544a0898:0 2014-10-24 10:53:58 1816: [SWSE] Login failed.
SBL-SSM-00044: Virtual host is invalid.
** To see 'SessMgr' and 'SisnTcpIp' events above, the environment variable SIEBEL_LOG_EVENTS on the web server must be 3 or higher.
- This is the beginning of the original lbconfig.txt file, created by srvrmgr's 'generate lbconfig' command.
- This is the beginning of the lbconfig.txt file deployed by SWSE configuration utility that has garbled characters in the beginning of the first line.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document