Last updated on NOVEMBER 06, 2014
Applies to:Siebel Orders - Version 126.96.36.199  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a promotion upgrade is defined via Product Lines, a commitment start is defined, for instance Original End, Original Start or Now. This does not always work, especially for promotions, which belong to multiple product lines
Product Lines: VF Line 1
Promotions: VF Promo 1, VF Promo 2 (belongs to VF Line 1). Both contain simple products.
VF Promo 2 upgrades VF Promo 1 as aggregate via VF Line 1.
1) Goto account summary
2) Create an order, add VF Promo 1, asset all line items. Assets and agreement is created as defined on promotion definition.
3) Upgrade promotion through account summary, menu option "Upgrade Promotion"
4) Select VF Promo 2
5) In the resulting order, asset all line items
6) Check the new agreement created, it has correct dates
7)Create a new product line VF Line 2
8) Add VF Promo 2 to VF Line 2 as a secondary Product Line
9) Modify Promotion Upgrade Path for VF Promo 1 to VF Line 2
10) Run upper test again
Now when the new agreement is created, it has the start start and end dates as the old agreement. This is wrong.
The issue is also visible with components instead of aggregates.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms