Email Attachments Without File Extension Name Get Rename With ".tmp" Extension
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 184.108.40.206.10 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When replying inbound email on Communications screen or use F9 with Siebel Email Client to send outbound emails, if the user select a new attachment file for the outbound email and the attachment file name has NO extension the file is sent successfully with the outbound email, but Siebel adds .tmp extension to the attachment file name.
Siebel should NOT add a ".tmp" to the attachment file name when sending outbound emails.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Execute a F9 using Siebel Email Client
2. The Send Communication Applet pop up.
3. In the bottom of the template select the paper clip icon to add a brand new attachment.
4. Select a attachment file name without a extension on the file name.
5. When the recipient receives the email the attachment now show the .tmp extension.
6. Some email client such as MS Outlook automatically block attachment with .tmp extension name.
The issue has the following business impact: Email Recipients using MS Outlook can not open the attachment file anymore since MS Outlook blocks attachment with .tmp extension in file name.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms