Open UI - Email Body Field In Communications Not Showing Correct Data
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 188.8.131.52.9 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer using version 184.108.40.206.9 [IP2013]
In Open UI, using Internet Explorer 11, when navigating across a record set in the Communication List (All Inbound Item List View) the email body field in the detail applet stops displaying the correct text and instead, displays text from a previous record.
When navigating across a record set in the Communication List (All Inbound Item List View) the email body field in the detail applet should display the correct text for each individual record in the Outgoing message applet associated with that Inbound record at the bottom
of the reading pane in Siebel and not display text from a previous record.
Steps to reproduce problem:
1) Login to a vanilla installation of Siebel CRM 220.127.116.11.9 Open UI
2) Navigate to Tools > User Preferences > Outbound Communications
3) Ensure the Default Message Format is set to HTML (under both the Email Response and Send Email sections) and Save.
4) Using the Site Map navigate to Communications > Communications List > All Communications
5) Put focus onto the status field of the first record.
6) Use the ctrl + down arrow command to go to the next record.
7) Continue doing this by holding down the ctrl key and tapping the down arrow repeatedly.
8) Continue to do this at a high speed and ensure you surpass the 10th record in the list (by a substantial margin).
9) Whilst still pressing down on the ctrl key quickly switch to pressing the up arrow key instead of the down arrow key and continue with the up arrow as you were with the down arrow key, repeatedly pressing with a high frequency.
10) Stop this after a few presses of the up arrow key.
11) You should now notice that no matter which record you highlight in the list, the email body in the detail applet will maintain the same value.
12) If you press the reply button you will see the outbound body will be blank and any template you attempt to insert will not display.
13) The problem will persist throughout the application until the page is refreshed (F5)
The problem is evident on Open UI using Internet Explorer 11
Users have reportedly not had to follow the steps above to reproduce the issue. It seems to happen quite sporadically but the steps above are one way to force the problem to occur consistently. The issue has been reported as a particular hindrance and has caused significant frustration and time delays when responding to customers using the communications view.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms