Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Email Response - Version 22.214.171.124  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199  version, Comms Server & Email Response
Customer is experiencing issues with plain text templates using OpenUI with Chrome and IE 9/10 with Siebel Email Client.
The behavior start after applying the QF0102010 and QF0002165, before that plain text templates were working fine. The patches were for other problem related with HTML template and Body drop down on Send Communications Applet.
The same behavior can also be reproduce for HTML Email Templates too, but only affect IE users.
Users expect that every time they select a Plain Text or HTML email template in Send Communication Applet it should show up in the Body field.
The behavior can be reproduce most of the time using the following steps:
1. Log into Siebel.
2. Navigate to Tools menu -> User preferences -> in the Send Mail section, set Default Message format: Plain text or HTML.
3. Navigate to Service Requests screen.
4. Press F9.
5. Select Service Request Contact in the Pick Recipient applet.
6. Select email template.
Actual result: Message body field remains blank.
7. Go to Activities screen.
8. Press F9.
9. Select Activity Contact in the Pick Recipient pick applet.
10. Select email template from drop down box field.
Actual result: message body field still remains blank.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms