Siebel UI merge which uses the "UCM Process Merge Request" workflow process fails/does not merge the parent nor children records when "CUT Address" BC [Address Geography Id] field is inactivated
(Doc ID 1959442.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 01, 2020
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 184.108.40.206.10 [IP2013] and later
Siebel Universal Master - Version 220.127.116.11.10 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked for currency on NOV-01-2016 ***
Siebel Siebel 18.104.22.168
In the out of the box Siebel application, the "CUT Address" BC [Address Geography Id] field is active by default.
However, in this customer's case, they had inactivated the field for unknown reasons which they were not aware of at the time. As a result of having this field inactivated, whenever customer performed the Siebel UCM UI Merge of two records, which invokes the underlying "UCM Process Merge Request" workflow process, the merge would fail/not merge the parent nor children records with a very peculiar pattern. For example, this is the test case performed by customer and Oracle Support internally, which generates the following results pattern:
1. Inactivate the [Address Geography Id] field on "CUT Address" BC inactivated, compile object to the server srf file.
2. Create 6 accounts all with same address but different site and contacts, example:
Site: EDD0N N is a number, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06
Address: 4500 Oracle Ln, Pleasanton, CA, 94588
Each has 2 different contacts (child data) associated to the account.
Account 1: Contact1A, Contact1B
Account 2: Contact2A, Contact2B
Account 3: Contact3A, Contact3B
Account 4: Contact4A, Contact4B
Account 5: Contact5A, Contact5B
Account 6: Contact6A, Contact6B
3. Verify the "UCM Process Merge Request" workflow process and subprocesses, etc. are enabled.
4. Perform these merge test cases using Siebel UCM web client:
a. Log into the client application > UCM Screen > Existing Duplicates View > select EDD02 > drill down > it matches with EDD01 > click Merge button > check the results > Log out
It did not do the merge:
- Account01 is still there with the 2 contacts Contact1A, Contact1B
- Account02 is still there with its 2 contacts Contact2A, Contact2B
Check log file ...
Log out of this client session.
d. Log into another client session and merge EDD06 with EDD05, it works fine, all contacts are under EDD06 now.
Log doesn't show the error.
Log out of this client session.
- We can't see in the log file where the field 'Address Geography Id' is being used nor see the underlying GEOGRAPHY_CODE being referenced in any of the update statements that are issued.
- The other strange thing is that this works/fails in alternative patterns, every other time/attempt. Ie. fails, works, fails, works. Or, works, fails, works, fails.
- The above issue/pattern occurs no matter if the user logs into a new client session each time to do each merge; or if the user uses the same client session for all merge attempts, the issue/pattern happens in both scenarios with new session login/logout or same sessions usage throughout.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document