Last updated on MARCH 01, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 220.127.116.11.7 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer has a few questions regarding parameter description of LoadInstanceFromBC Method
From Siebel bookshelf, Siebel Order Management Infrastructure Guide > Copy Service > Copy Service Methods >LoadInstanceFromBC Method, it says:
The method loads the instance from the business component and pushes it into an instance. If SourceInstance is specified, the new instance is created by cloning the source instance and positioning it on the same row ID. Alternatively, BusObj, BusComp, and a search specification can be used to define the new instance.
SourceInstance [in] The source ISS instance name. If specified, the new instance is constructed by positioning it on the same row ID as the source instance. (Optional)
InstanceName [in] Required if SourceInstance is specified. Otherwise, optional default to “TheInstance”. (Optional)
SearchSpec [in] Search specification on the business component. (Optional)
InsertOnly [in] If set to Y, ???? (Optional)
1. Method loads the instance from the business component and pushes it into an instance.
- What does it mean by instance
- What does it mean by pushes it into an instance ?
Does it mean that it can query the business component and creates a memory structure for it ? or if an instance (in the memory) is already present, it can create a new instance by cloning the existing one ?
2. The SouceInstance input argument. What does it mean by "The Source ISS instance name" ? There is no explanation around ISS Instance ?
3. InstanceName - The default is "TheInstance" ? What is "TheInstance" ? What could be the other values for this arguments ?
4. InsertOnly - There is no explanation for this input argument ?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms