When An Order Has Promotion Group Membership Records Which Refer to Another Order, If That Order Is Deleted, The Validation Does Not Indicate That The Association Is Now Invalid
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 22.214.171.124.10 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an order line is deleted (or the whole order), any other orders which have Promotion Group Membership records which refer to the order line should be updated by having their ASSET_MEM_INTEG_ID field set to NULL. This field holds a reference to the order line. This means that when the order containing the Promotion Group Membership record is verified, no error is flagged indicating that no products are associated with the membership. This can be shown as follows:
Defined a promotion group as follows:
> PG Mem 1
> PG Test Product
1. Customer A is created with an order and a PG Test Product added to it. Note that no asset is created.
2. Customer B is created with an order. In that order we add PG 1 and PG Mem 1.
3. For the membership we select the product in the order for customer A.
4. On click onto the verify on customer B no validation error is thrown. (As expected, as everything is configured correctly)
5. Now delete the order of customer A.
6. Go to customer B and click on verify again. It will not throw an validation error, even though customer A does not have the order anymore.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms