Email - Inbound Activity Set To 'Done' Only when User Replies to a Inbound Email a Second Time
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 18.104.22.168  to 22.214.171.124.3 [IP2014] [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On 126.96.36.199 when a user replies to a Email - Inbound activity from Communications screen the Email - Inbound activity does not go to Status "Done". It remains in status In Progress although the reply email message is successfully received by the reply message recipient. If the user reply a second time for the same inbound email then the Email - Inbound activity goes to Done.
Once the user reply to a inbound email message it should goes to status Done when the reply message is successfully sent by Communications Outbound Manager component.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to Site Map>Communications
2. Select a brand new Email - Inbound activity record and click on Reply
3. Edit the reply message and click on Send button.
4. Make sure the recipient for the reply message received the email message.
5. Go back to the original Email - Inbound activity in Communication screen and check the Status, it still show In Progress and not Done as expected.
The following error could be observed in CommOutboundMgr log files for the reply message:
(bcfinact.cpp (2319)) SBL-SIS-00181: Either the status value you have selected is not applicable to this activity type, or you must submit this activity using the Submit button.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms