When Adding An Existing Asset Child Which Is Set to Auto Explode, It copies The Service Id Incorrectly
(Doc ID 1984663.1)
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Call Center - Version 220.127.116.11 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When modifying an existing asset, while in product configurator you can increase the quantity of an existing component. When you exit configurator, as the Auto Explode flag is set for the component, a new order line is created. This has the Service Id set to the value on the existing asset, but it should not be set.
This can be shown as follows:
- Create following product structure:
> UG Child
UG Child has the Auto Explode Flag set to true.
- Create account UG
- Create order, add UG Root, customize and add UG Child. Exit configurator.
- Set Service ID on both records to unique value.
- Set Lines to status Complete and Auto Asset UG Root.
- In account portal modify asset UG Root. This takes you into product configurator.
- Change quantity of UG Child to 2.
- Exit product configurator.
- Resulting quote will now have three lines:
> UG Child
> UG Child (new line)
- Check the Service Id field for new line and it is the same as the original UG Child.
Note that on the SIS OM PMT Service business service there are user properties to exclude fields from the explode:
Exclude From Explode.SIS OM Order.Line Item n
Having Service Id as one of these does not prevent it being copied to the new field.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!