Extra Lines Inserted In F9 Email Body When Selecting HTML Email Template In Open UI On RTC control Fields
(Doc ID 1986870.1)
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Email Response - Version 184.108.40.206.11 [IP2013] to 220.127.116.11.14 [IP2013] [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.14 [IP2013] version, Comms Server & Email Response
When using F9 and substitutions for fields based on an RTC control additional lines are added to the substituted text in the email body
Additional lines should not be added. The text should appear as it was entered in to the RTC control
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create the following template under Site Map --> Administration - Communication --> All Templates
Name = AAtest
Status = Active
Template Type = Body
HTML Template = Checked (TRUE)
Public = Checked (TRUE)
Object = Project
Subject = Test template
template text line 1
template text line 2
Project "Description" field is substituted below:
2. Under User Preference --> Outbound Communication --> Set Default Message Format = HTML
3. Navigate to Site Map --> Project --> List --> Drill down on a Project (you may have to created one) --> More Info
4. In the bottom applet the "Description" field is based on a RTC control. Enter the following into this field:
test line 1
test line 2
test line 3
test line 4
test line 5
***NOTE*** you must use "Shift+[Enter]" to create the new lines
5. Press F9 and select the AAtest template created above.
You will notice that extra space has been added between "test line 1" and "test line 2" etc.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|This document is being delivered to you via Oracle Support's Rapid Visibility (RaV) process and therefore has not been subject to an independent technical review.|