Unable To Send Emails When The Email Separator Is Of MS Gothic Font
Last updated on FEBRUARY 21, 2016
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 184.108.40.206  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to add the email address separator as ；in MS Gothic font, The emails will stay in "Queued" status and there is no validation of the email address performed when sending the email from Communications Screen.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Communications Screen.
2. Select a record and click reply.
3. In the To address, enter two email addressess with the email separator as ；that is in MS Gothic Font.
4. Select "Send" button.
5. Clicking" Send button will not validate if the address is valid.
6. It appears as if the email is sent for further processing, but the email will never be sent and stays in "Queued" status.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot send emails that are having separator in MS Gothic font.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms