Mobile Disconnected: Values With Apostrophe Are Truncated By Upsync
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Mobile Applications - Version 126.96.36.199.3 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Mobile Disconnected: when in offline mode a field value is created which has an apostrophe character, then after going online again, the field value is truncated. Only characters up to the apostrophe are present on the server.
- have any 188.8.131.52 Mobile Disconnected application, e.g. ePharmaM_enu
- in offline mode create a new contact. Last name = O'Connor
- sync and go online
- wait until BatchSync finishes, then re-query contacts
- last name of the new contact is truncated, it reads: O
- everything after and including the apostrophe is lost
The other way, downsync of values with apostrophes from server to iPad works fine, there is no truncation.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms