Last updated on APRIL 21, 2016
Applies to:Siebel Email Response - Version 22.214.171.124.1 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
126.96.36.199 (IP 2014) when using Siebel High Interactivity mode with Internet Explorer 8 and F9 integrated with MS Outlook or Lotus Notes
When using F9 integrated with MS Outlook or Lotus Notes in 188.8.131.52 it fails to update the Email - Outbound activity record.
Siebel Email - Outbound activity record is not updatated with the latest text entry on MS Outlook Email Client Editor after the user press the Send button on MS Outlook. Also the activity status is not set to status Done.
The result is a loss of user information on the Siebel Activity Outbound Email records.
The behavior can be reproduce in Siebel Innovation Pack 2014 in High Interactivity mode that is the only mode that support F9 integrated with MS Outlook doing the following:
1) Login to Siebel and click on F9 (or File> Send Email menu). Make sure that User Preference> Outbound Communications>Send Email> Default Email Client is set to MS Outlook.
2) Select a Email Template on the pop up applet.
3) The MS Outlook client editor pop up with the template in the email body.
4) Edit the email add more text or changing the exists email body
5) Click on Send button, the follow error message pop up:
Update was not done successfully.
Please check Siebel Server for errors.
6) After that the email is sent, but the Email - Outbound activity record do not have the changes made on step 4).
This behavior show up after upgrade to 184.108.40.206.14 and can not be observed in previous versions such as 220.127.116.11.
The behavior appeared after upgrading Siebel to 18.104.22.168 (Innovation Pack 2014).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms