Siebel Search Results in Open UI Application is Retrieving Incorrect Result Data
(Doc ID 1997157.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 25, 2019
Applies to:Siebel eAutomotive - Version 188.8.131.52.9 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using a keyword to perform a basic search on the solution BC, it is retrieving incorrect result set. The first page is displayed with the right value for the search but the subsequent page are displaying wrong result.
Steps to reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Create 30 records in Administration > Solution view where the solution
name or any other field like description has the similar word. For example:
knock, knock 2, knock 3 , etc.
2) Create 11 records in Administration > Solution view where the record does
not contain the similar word created on the records above, in other words,
any field for these records should not contain the word knock.
3) Create more 10 records in Administration > Solution view where the
solution name or any other field like description has the similar word
created in step #1 . For example: knock31, knock 32, knock 40.
4) Index the Solution search category in Administration > Search Index
5) Once finished the index processing, log into a new siebel session.
6) Click on Search on the application menu bar to bring up site-wide search.
7) Select the Solution category displayed under Search section.
8) In the Search textbox enter a keyword like 'knock'.
9) Click on the magnifying glass icon to perform a search.
10) The total matches shows the correct number of records indexed which
contains the word 'knock', in other words, which is 40.
11) Hit the right arrow to display the next set of 10 records until the last
page of search results.
12) Observe that the results no longer are valid, in other words, the records
in search results do not contain the word 'knock'.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document