Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Marketing - Version 126.96.36.199  to 188.8.131.52  [Release V8]
Siebel Marketing - Version 184.108.40.206 SIA to 220.127.116.11 SIA  [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After setting a number of columns/list of values (LOVs) as multilingual, including column S_EVT_ACT.APPT_REPT_TYPE / LOV REPEATING_APPT_TYPE, when attempting to schedule a Daily Repeating Program the following error occurs.
SBL-DAT-00498: 'Repeating Expires' is a required field. Please enter a value for the field.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Deploy a multilingual environment (e.g. ENU, FRA, DEU etc)
2. In Siebel Tools query for the S_EVT_ACT table
3. Query for the column 'APPT_REPT_TYPE' column
4. Set the Translation Table property to S_LST_OF_VAL
5. Compile the table into the SRF and apply the schema change to the database.
6. Start the Siebel services
7. Log into Siebel Marketing
8. Go to Administration - Data > List Of Values and set:
a) Display Value=REPEATING_APPT_TYPE (set Multilingual=Y)
b) Type=REPEATING_APPT_TYPE (set Multilingual=Y and Active=Y)
c) Click 'Clear Cache' button
9. Create a Campaign, Offer, Treatment and List
10. Associate Offer and Treatment to the Campaign
11. Associate List and Allocate the List to the Treatment (e.g. 100%)
12. Create a Program record in Programs screen
13. Drill onto the Program record
13. In the Program Designer, drag the Stage icon to the palette and then the Campaign icon
14. Associate the Campaign record created in 9 with the Stage
15. Double click the Stage
16. Go from Schedule > Details to Schedule > Calendar
17. Click New button (or click on day if it works)
Type: Stage Execution
Planned Start: Date/Time+a few minutes
Stage: Select the Stage created
19. Make sure 'Active Flag' is set to Y and then click 'Save This One'
20. When the Planned Start date/time comes, you should see the Stage being executed. It will error out with the above error message.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms