Siebel Deletes Child Assets Via Transaction Process
Last updated on APRIL 28, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Field Service - Version 220.127.116.11  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168  version, Field Service, Siebel SEA
Siebel deletes child assets via transaction process
There are some custom automation in the application. There were missing Assets in Siebel and to troubleshoot a runtime event was added to send an email when an Asset is deleted. Audit trail also shows the delete action. Today a user was adding an Transaction record of type Install to a parent asset. When the user saved the record emails were sent out for five deleted assets.
Later the behavior can be reproduced in vanilla. You can reproduce this in your environment by creating an Asset under the Account Business Object - Account Business Component and pick a product that has attributes when creating the Asset. Notice after doing this you will not see the Attributes at the Asset level. Use the Transaction view to Install any asset as a child to the newly created asset. Once this is done edit and save a change to the parent Asset. The child asset will be deleted.
You can reproduce in Sample database using certain product data in Sample database.
Five child assets are not deleted.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into Siebel Call Center using SADMIN/SADMIN connecting to Sample database. This is 22.214.171.124 SEA using siebel.srf.
2. In Accounts > Assets, the product is updatable there. Both parent and child assets are there.
3. Create 2 new assets for the account, set Product = InMotion 130XL for both, one asset is meant to be as parent and one as child.
4. Go to Assets > Transactions, add the child asset to the parent.
5. Go back to Accounts > Assets, can see both assets there. Change parent's product to InMotion 170XL, the product is updated but the child asset is delted.
6. Go back to Assets > Transactions, the child asset is not here anymore.
screenshots saved in SampleDBRepro3.docx
When detail tracing is enabled, there are a lot of delete statements can be seen in client session log, siebel.log.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms