IP2014 OpenUI: Email F9 External eMail Client And Surplus Windows Generated Issue
(Doc ID 2007716.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 18, 2020
Applies to:Siebel Email Response - Version 18.104.22.168 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Siebel version 22.214.171.124.5 [IP2014]
When pressing F9 in order to send an email an additional surplus window is opened.
The window will not be automatically closed (not even after the email is sent).
It is not acceptable for call center agents to close those windows manually.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Select 'External Mail Client' as Outbound Communications user preference
2. Navigate to (for example) Contact List View
3. Select Contact, press F9, or File - Send Email
4. Observe Warning Message together with surplus open window
5. Acknowledge warning
6. Complete sending of email
7. Observe surplus window remains opens
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users productivity is reduced with the consequent need to close unnecessary windows
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document