Time Zone Problem with Rolling Tier Assessment Model
(Doc ID 2011292.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 06, 2021
Applies to:Siebel Loyalty Engine - Version 22.214.171.124 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
WHAT IS THE DESIRED BEHAVIOR?
Tier processing should not happen for the member if sufficient points are not accumulated with in given time frame in rolling tier assessment model.
WHAT IS THE ACTUAL OR UNEXPECTED BEHAVIOR?
Let's suppose the current date time is 03/16/2015 11:00:00,then invoke LOY Engine to process tier change in Rolling Tier Assessment Model.The specified length is 1 month,that is to calculate the past 1 month qualifying running balance.The date time 1 month earlier should be 02/16/2015 11:00:00,and the date time in Database should be 02/16/2015 03:00:00 as there's 8 hours time zone difference.However,I checked the detailed log that processes the tier change,I found 02/15/2015 19:00:00 was used instead.It means that time zone difference has been calculated twice
1) Rolling Tier Assessment Model
2) Application server and user is on GMT +8 time zone
3) Set the rolling period as 1 month
4) Assign points to member enough for upgrade to higher tier (200 points required to upgrade , we assign 150 points per transaction to member)
5) Set one of transaction date as one month old date and deduct sometime within 8 hour frame.
5/15/2015 03:33:29 PM --- 4/15/2015 11:33:29 AM (one month old but time is within 8 hours )
6) Now if you do process tier ideally it should not upgrade it to higher tier
7) But as it is taking count of additional 8 hours , member is getting
Second test with same test case but only difference is to set the transaction date not within 8 hours time frame it is not allowing tier change.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document