Last updated on AUGUST 10, 2015
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 220.127.116.11.9 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The following behavior was reproduced in standard application 18.104.22.168.9 [IP2013] version, Client Functionality
When users generates proposals that contain multiline fields, Carriage Return is ignored and lines appear one after each other.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a word template document and place in it a bookmark named Description
2. Navigate to Administration Documents -> Proposal mappings and create a proposal mapping for Quote BO. Make sure to add the Description field to the
mapping with bookmark name Description
3. Navigate to Administration Documents -> Proposal templates and create a template for Quote. Associate the word template created in step 1.
4. Navigate to Quotes and create a new quote. Fill the description field with more lines separated by carriage return
5. Select Documents tab, create a new record, select the template created in step 4 and push Generate button
6. After generation open the word document and notice that the content of the description field is wrong formatted. The carriage return is ignored and
lines appear one after each other in a single line.
Issue is the same with both HI and Open UI clients.
Issue was reproduced also in IP2014.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms