APPT_REPT_TYPE Column Incorrectly Populated For Activities in Multilingual Environment for Repeating Campaign or Program
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Marketing - Version 22.214.171.124  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199  version, Siebel Marketing
The S_EVT_ACT.APPT_REPT_TYPE column has been set to be multilingual (e.g. Translation Table = S_LST_OF_VAL) and the associated REPEATING_APPT_TYPE list of values (LOV) entry has been set to multilingual. When a Repeating Campaign is executed both the repeating Activity (Repeat=Y) and the individual Activities (Repeat=N) created for instances of the Stage/Campaign execution show a Repeating Type value (e.g. Daily). In a monolingual setup only the repeating Activity shows a value for Repeating Type. The individual Activities created for instances of the Stage/Campaign do NOT have a value populated.
When using a multilingual Repeating field a value of 'Daily' should be entered for the 'main' Activity (which is repeating) but the newly created Activity that shows the execution of the Stage or Campaign Load/Launch should NOT have the Repeating Type set. The multilingual setup should work as per the monolingual setup.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Deploy a multilingual environment (e.g. ENU, FRA, DEU etc)
2. In Siebel Tools query for the S_EVT_ACT table
3. Query for the column 'APPT_REPT_TYPE' column
4. Set the Translation Table property to S_LST_OF_VAL
5. Compile the table into the SRF and apply the schema change to the database.
6. Start the Siebel services
7. Log into Siebel Marketing
8. Go to Administration - Data > List Of Values and set:
a) Display Value=REPEATING_APPT_TYPE (set Multilingual=Y)
b) Type=REPEATING_APPT_TYPE (set Multilingual=Y and Active=Y)
c) Click 'Clear Cache' button
9. Create a Campaign, Offer, Treatment and List
10. Associate Offer and Treatment to the Campaign
11. Associate List and Allocate the List to the Treatment (e.g. 100%)
12. Create a Program record in Programs screen
13. Drill onto the Program record
13. In the Program Designer, drag the Stage icon to the palette and then the Campaign icon
14. Associate the Campaign record created in 9 with the Stage
15. Double click the Stage
16. Go from Schedule > Details to Schedule > Calendar
17. Click New button (or click on day if it works)
Type: Stage Execution
Planned Start: Date/Time+a few minutes
Stage: Select the Stage created
19. Make sure 'Active Flag' is set to Y and then click 'Save This One'
20. When the Planned Start date/time comes, you should see the Stage being executed. It should not error out.
21. Go to Execute tab. You should see the tasks have executed and a Stage Execution is in the 'Pending' status.
22. Either go to Schedule > Activities or go to Activities screen and query for the Activities related to the Stage Execution. You will see that they both show the Repeating Type as 'Daily' whereas only the Repeating Activity should have it set to Daily. The new Activity should not have the Repeating Type field set (it should be blank).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms