Duplicated Record Validation In Script Does Not Work
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 184.108.40.206  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11  version, Configuration - General
While Having a call and WebEx session with the Customer the issue was clarified.
The Duplicated Record Messages are not displayed properly when More than one Record is created with Same "Account Name" value. Duplicate validation is not triggering.
Duplicate validation should happen properly and Error Message should be Displayed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1.Log into the Siebel Tools, Query for the BbusComp Name "CUT Invoice Sub Accounts" and Create a New Calculated Field "LN Num of FA"
2. Enter the Calculated value as like Below
GetNumBCRows('Account', 'CUT Invoice Sub Accounts', '[Parent Account Id]="' + GetProfileAttr("ACCNTID") + '" AND ([Account Type Code] = "' + LookUpValue ("CUT_ACCOUNT_TYPE","Billing") + '" AND [Name] = "' + [Name] + '")', 'All')
3. On the BC Levelm Right Click and Select the Option "Edit Server Scripts" and Select PreWriteRecord Event
4. Populate the Below Code
if (LNNumofFA >= 1)
TheApplication().RaiseErrorText("FA with the same name already exists");
5. once the Application is Compiled and navigated to the Account Screen-->Account List View-->Billing Accounts Applet
6. Create New Record and See that the Name is populated with the Parent Account name and save the Record by filling all the Required Fields.
7. Create another New Record, see that the same Name is Populated as like Previous Record and Save the Record.
8. The Record is Saved Successfully, No Error Message is show and this is not the expected behavior.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms