Last updated on DECEMBER 09, 2015
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 8.0 SIA  to 220.127.116.11.6 [IP2014] [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Import functionality (List Applet Menu > Import) ignores fields which are filled with wrong data type in input file and there is no information about it in import.log file.
In import.log modified record with ignored data is classified as “Imported” instead of “Failed” or “Partially Imported”. Our expectation is that if record is imported with any modification according to the input file it should be imported at least as “Partially Imported” (or not imported at all and “Failed”). In both cases reason of partial importing or failing the record should be placed in log file.
1. Go to SiteMap > Administration – Data > ZIP Code Administration
2. Create new record
-State = TestState
-ZIP Code = 1110000
-Country = USA
-Latitude = 100
-Longitude = 100
3. Export record by Menu > Export. On pop-up window check options “Only Current Row”, “Visible Columns”, “Tab Delimited Text File” and click “Next”
4. Save the file. Open it and modify values with 'Latitude' = 200 and 'Longitude' = abcdef. Save your modifications.
5. Import file clicking Menu > Import. In pop-up window click Browse… and localize your stored file. Check options “Tab Delimited Text File”, “Auto Mapping”, “Overwrite Existing Records” and click “Next” and “Next” again
6. Verify import status information pop-up. Open View Log and verify the same.
7. On Siebel application go to imported record and verify [Longitude] is there with old value (=100) which is wrong according to input.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms