Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Orders - Version 188.8.131.52.3 [IP2014] to 184.108.40.206.3 [IP2014] [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When removing a component from a Bundled Promotion the termination charge gets calculated in an inconsistent way.
- Bundled Promotion (BP)
- Customizable Product (CP)
- Simple Product (SP)
BP -> CP -> SP (this one gets a commitment on the relationship)
Asset will be created as a starting point (BP, CP, SP).
1) User Selects the BP and Disconnects it. Bundle Promotion with the full structure will be disconnected and a termination Charge will be calculated -> Expected result
2) User selects the SP in the Asset and Disconnects it. SP will be disconnected but no termination charge will be calculated -> not expected; charge should be calculated
3) User selects the BP and Modify. This brings the full structure into the Order. User selects „Edit Promotion“ and removes the CP. No Component Charge will be calculated -> not expected; charge should be calculated
4) User selects the BP and Modify. This brings the structure of the CP. User configures the product in the Product Configurator to remove the SP. Message appears that the commitment will be broken. Termination charge will be calculated -> Expected behavior.
Depending on the process the end user selects the termination charge for the component will be calculated (or not). This behavior should be corrected since it leads to inconsistent service charges.
- Check for Termination Charges for Edit Promotion
- Check for Termination Charges when disconnecting a SP (which belongs to a BP via CP)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms