Pick Applet Does Not Display Correctly With Large Solution Description
Last updated on MAY 31, 2016
Applies to:Siebel Service - Version 184.108.40.206  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11  version, Client Functionality
Pick Applet does not display correctly or completely.
This issue is with the Solution Create List Applet display, when a solution is being attached to a ticket (SR) the Solution Pick List applet that pops up does not display correctly , users cannot view the solution information completely ( part of the solution is not displayed properly) this only occurs when you have more then 2 Solutions that have large solution descriptions , if all of your descriptions are small then no issue ..
The text in the solution field is not being wrapped, this issue is only occurring with Open UI (in Siebel High Interaction (HI)), this is not the case .
The issue can be reproduced when there are more than two solutions with large descriptions (i.e., meaning lots of data /maximum characters allowed) :
1. Launch application in Open UI.
2. Go to Service tab. Click on All Service Requests.
3. Drill down on an SR#.
4. Click on Solutions tab (view).
5. Click the Add button to add a solution to the SR. (If you query for a solution that retrieves more than two solutions with large descriptions, the examples will partially display - not all of the solution).
6. If you click on each item/example, the list will decrease and you can do this until you have tried to view all of the queried selections and only see the main solution header.
7. After this review has been completed, the applet does not re-size and the large solutions are not displayed completely.
The user is not able to select the correct resolution for the SR.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms