TheApplication.RaiseErrorText Fails When Called From BusComp_PreWriteRecord And BusComp_WriteRecord
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Call Center - Version 15.0 [IP2015] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer is upgrading to Siebel 15 from 220.127.116.11 and changing their UI over to Open-UI.
There are Server scripts on the Contact BC, and when invoking TheApplication.RaiseErrorText from the BusComp_PreWriteRecord and BusComp_WriteRecord events instead of the pop up they get "SBL-EXL-00151". When TheApplication.RaiseErrorText is invoked from BusComp_PreSetFieldValue on the Contact BC it works just fine.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Using Siebel Tools, navigate to Contact Business Component.
2. Edit Server Script for Contact BC to have the following code:
function BusComp_PreWriteRecord ()
var sEmailAddress = this.GetFieldValue("Email Address");
if (sEmailAddress == "")
TheApplication().RaiseErrorText("Email Address cannot be NULL");
3. Compile Contact BC and launch Siebel Financial Services Application in Open-UI mode using IE or Chrome browser.
4. Navigate to "Contact Screen Homepage View" and try to create a record via "Contact Home Add Virtual Form Applet" without entering any value against "Email Address" field.
5. Application displays a Dialog Window saying:
6. Now navigate to "Visible Contact List View¿. This is My Contacts.
7. Try to create a record without entering any value against "Email Address" field.
8. Application displays a Dialog Window saying:
"Email Address cannot be NULL (SBL-EXL-00151)"
9. The message displayed is different between two the two views.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms