Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 188.8.131.52 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Two different layouts for an applet are defined, in order to make the query layout different when user tries to search on that applet.
When the Form applet is defined as a parent in a view, it switches correctly from Edit to Query mode, when user performs search/query.
But when the same applet is defined as a child in a view, it does not switch from Edit to Query mode.
Edit applet mode from bookshelf: "If a New or Query applet template does not exist, then Siebel CRM uses Edit if the user creates or queries data. For more information, see Types of Siebel Web Templates."
Since Query mode is defined, it should not use Edit for queries.
1. Using Siebel Tools, navigate to Service Request Detail Applet.
2. Copy "Edit" Web Template to name it as "Query".
3. In "Query" Web Template, change the Type="Query".
4. Edit the "Query" Web Template using Siebel Tools.
5. Delete "Status", "Substatus" and "Owner" fields and their labels.
6. Compile "Service Request Detail Applet" and launch Financial Services Application in Open-UI mode using IE / Chrome browser.
7. Navigate to "Personal Service Request List View". This is My Service Requests.
8. In this view, notice "Service Request List Applet" in the top and "Service Request Detail Applet" in the bottom.
9. Perform "Query" operation using "Service Request Detail Applet".
10. Notice all the fields including "Status", "Substatus" and "Owner" are displayed and accepts values for "Query" operation.
11. Drilldown on any Service Request.
12. This will navigate to "FIN Service Request Acct Services Fee Reversal View".
13. Here, "Service Request Detail Applet" is in the top.
14. Perform "Query" operation.
15. Notice that "Status", "Substatus" and "Owner" fields are no longer displayed / available for user to perform "Query" operation.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms