Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 22.214.171.124.7 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199 SIA  version, Configuration - General
In OpenUI when we click on a record that is read only, we have an error message indicating that is not possible to update the record.
Step to reproduce:
1) On the Business Component "Action" we have the userproperty "BC Read Only Field" that is set at "Y" when the activity have the status value = "Success"
- userprop BC Read Only Field = BC Read Only Flag
- calculated field "BC Read Only Flag" = IIF(LookupName("EVENT_STATUS",[Status])="Success","Y","N")
2) On the view "Activities -> Activity List " we list all the records, with the status = "Success".
3) Then if we click on a field that have an icon, for example the field "Planned Completion", after the icon of the date appears field if we change record we will have the error message "Updating not allowed here".
The error message keeps poping up, we can not do cancel. The user is blocked with this error.
This was reproduce on vanilla application, by setting on the bc action the field "BC Read Only Flag" = IIF(LookupName("EVENT_STATUS",[Status])="Success","Y","N")
Updating not allowed here
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms