Bulk Request : Issue In Modifying A Required Attribute Along With Addition Of Component Product
Last updated on DECEMBER 14, 2015
Applies to:Siebel eConfigurator - Version 220.127.116.11 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer gets a BatchValidate error when they add a child component and change a root attribute. Bulk request is giving an exception stating that "The value Is unacceptable for a Required Attribute". They do not get any error if they only modify the attribute.
Steps to reproduce issue with standard steps:
- Create an enumerated attribute with type = Date\Number\Text
- Create 3 values and provide translated values for each of them. Release the attribute
- Create a class and associate the attribute. Release class
- Create a product and associate the class. Release product
- Create an asset with this product under a specific account and give the asset a service id
- Create a Bulk Request:
- Type: New
- Child Type: Service Id
- Scope: Include
- Instance: <service id>
- Create following actions:
- Action 1: Action Code: Add, Product: Created Product
- Action 2: Action Code: Update, Product: Created Product, Attribute:Enumerated Attribute, Attribute Value : (Translated values should be listed), Select any value other than the first
- Submit the Bulk Request. Once the Bulk Request Status is complete, drillldown on the Order generated.
- Observe that the Attribute value is the first value defined, it is not getting updated to the value set through Bulk Request
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms