Last updated on MARCH 22, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Communications CRM - Version 188.8.131.52.15 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Navigating by TAB key from within a picklist which contains LOV's with "&" character is not possible.
- When an user is typing ahead (within a picklist) a value, and that value shows up, pressing TAB key saves the value within the picklist and the focus goes to the next column in the list applet.
- If an user is typing ahead (within a picklist) a value that contains "&" (in display value) then after that value appears, pressing TAB key does not save that value and also changes the LOV value to another value which does not contain "&".
- It is expected that even if an LOV value contains "&" in its display name, user should be able to type ahead that value and move to the next column by using TAB key.
1. Go to a picklist that contains multiple values where: some values must have "&" in their display name and some values should not.
2. Type ahead (within the picklist) the first letters of the value without "&" in their diplay name. The value will be shown. Then press Tab (keyboard): the value will be saved inside the picklist and focus will move to the next column or next field.
3. Type ahead this time the first letters of the value with "&" in the display name. The value will be shown. Then press Tab: the value is not saved inside the picklist and focus does not moves to the next column/field but instead it changes the value inside that picklist with a value that does not contains "&" in its name.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms