Diccache.dat Problem when first EAI request is from user without SSE_ROLE
(Doc ID 2048425.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 184.108.40.206 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Siebel version : 220.127.116.11 Patch Set 8
The diccache.dat becomes unreadable for Siebel components.
Observing this issue very often.
After the error occurs, the Siebel services are stopped, then delete the diccache.dat file, then start the Siebel Server again.
Then, the diccache.dat is generated properly and all services and components work properly.
Then after some time, the error, "SBL-DAT-60237: Error loading dictionary file diccache.dat" , is raised again
The issue could be reproduced with following narrowed down steps:
EAI component itself is started by SADMIN account. Exact steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Create a db user, grant user some basic privileges - i.e. connect,resource, and grant "select" privilege to all tables in siebel schema, but not part of SSE_ROLE
2. Create user in Siebel with same credentials, and give him some position/responsibility.
3. Stop Siebel, start again (normally under SADMIN account), ensure that no requests, are coming from external systems.
4. Send simple request on EAI component, that is using above created user
5. diccache error could appear in SOAP response
6. now, change credentials in SOAP header to user which has SSE_ROLE, i.e. SADMIN, or any other user. Diccache error also appears
Scenario, which works correctly:
1. Stop Siebel, start again (normally under SADMIN account), ensure that no requests, are coming from external systems.
2. Send above SOAP request with credentials in SOAP header of user, which has SSE_ROLE i.e. SADMIN, and there is a correct response now.
3. now, change credentials in SOAP header to user which does not have SSE_ROLE, so above created test user, or any other user, diccache error also should not appear
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document