Last updated on FEBRUARY 17, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Financial Services CRM - Version 188.8.131.52.8 [IP2014] to 184.108.40.206.8 [IP2014] [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.8 [IP2014] version, Client Functionality
Different behavior in the pick lists (drop downs) in Open UI when compared with HI
In Open UI Client we're facing a different behavior in the pick lists (drop downs), when compared with HI. The previously selected value doesn't become selected/highlighted upon re-opening the pick list.
And this is reproducible in the Sample database, by doing the following steps:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to the sample with SADMIN
2. Navigate to My Service Requests view
3. On the form applet, press the '+' button to add a new SR
4. On the Type field select a value. For example: 'Investment'
5. TAB out of the field
6. The field now has the selected value 'Investment'
7. SHIFT+TAB to go back to the Type field
8. Once the focus is there, press the ARROW DOWN on the keyboard, so the pick list is opened
== 1st issue: The previously selected value 'Investment' is not selected/highlighted. In HI the value is selected
9. While the pick list is still opened, the value 'Investment' still shows in the field
10. Now, DON'T select any value, and TAB to step off the field
== 2nd issue: The previously selected value 'Investment' is cleared up, even without selecting a new one or clearing the field, when in HI nothing happens in the same scenario because the previously selected value is always selected/highlighted when the pick list is opened.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms