Edit Layout Of Proposals Is Not Working In HI Application Of Siebel 126.96.36.199
(Doc ID 2063246.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2018
Applies to:Siebel High Tech and Manufacturing - Version 188.8.131.52.6 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206.6 [IP2014] version, Client Functionality
Edit Layout of Proposals is not working in HI application of Siebel 220.127.116.11
After Upgrading to Siebel 18.104.22.168 and testing HI application in IE8 browser. While trying to use edit layout functionality of proposals in Quotes->Proposals view it ges error out while saving the changes:
Error: Unable to instantiate context for request.(SBL-EDC-00199)
The document server is running and the files are present in server and proposal library. Also, proposals gets generated.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In the Siebel CallCenter, go to Agreements -> Documents.
2. Make a new document "Test1", set the Template "Agreement Tem".
3. Click the "Edit Layout" button, add some items to the Table of Contents, and save it.
4. Click "Generate Draft" button, a document is generated. The name is in the Draft Name and Status is Completed.
5. Click the "Edit Layout" button, make changes and save.
6. An error message shows: Unable to instantiate context for request (SBL-EDC-00199).
Due to this issue, users cannot Edit the Proposal Layout.
Following Changes were done to test and replicate the issue in Global Customer Support Environment -
Created a proposal template with 3 proposal sections with sequence 19, 23 and 29
Added a section to Proposal Library
Created an Opportunity and associated the proposal created above
Clicked on the Proposal name to verify the sequence of sections - 19, 23, 29
Clicked on Edit Layout
Added the Section from Proposal Library to the Proposal
Tried to change the order off the proposal sections by using the arrow button
Error - (SBL-EDC-00199)
Clicked on the 'X' icon to close the error pop up
Clicked on the Proposal name to verify the sequence of sections - 0, 10, 30
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!